Columbia Memorial Hospital has a 24-hour-a-day visiting schedule. We encourage visiting hours that promote rest and patient well-being. Please consider patient privacy and emotional and health care needs.
While it’s good common sense, it bears repeating: Please do not visit patients if you are sick with a cold, flu or anything else that could be contagious.
- When necessary, limitations on the number and frequency of visitors may be imposed at the discretion of the physician or nurse for the protection of the patient’s health and need to rest.
- If you have a contagious illness, please postpone your visit until you are well.
- When possible, the patient has the right to participate in the decision regarding visitors.
- Visitors may be requested to leave for brief periods as needed to provide privacy for patient care, patient confidentiality and/or patient rest.
- If you are visiting between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., please enter the hospital through the Emergency Department.
For your convenience
- Visit the River City Cafe in the center of the hospital. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The hours are:
- Breakfast 7:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch 11:00a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Grill Hours: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4 to 6:30 p.m.
- An ATM machine is available at the Emergency Department entrance and also in the CMH Health & Wellness Pavilion.
Critical Care Unit
To accommodate the varied needs of critical care patients and their families, our Critical Care unit is also open for visitors 24 hours a day. Visitors may be limited to two at a time and should be family or significant other. CMH asks that visitors check with staff and patients concerning the best time to visit. All decisions regarding the number of visitors and length of visit will be at the discretion of the patient and the patient’s nurse. Allowances will be made for the special needs of children and adolescents.
Due to CCU patients' condition and the types of procedures that occur, the potential for infection is increased.Visitors are allowed in a patient's room at the nurses' discretion. The following steps will be taken:
- Visitors will be instructed and encouraged to wash their hands before and after patient contact.
- Visitors will be supplied with personal protective equipment as deemed necessary.
- Visitors will be allowed in the patient’s room and the hallway. All other areas are restricted.