The Columbia Memorial Hospital Chaplain Services Department is compassionate and sensitive to the spiritual needs of patients, caregivers and hospital personnel. The chaplain provides the same confidential and compassionate care for patients and families of Lower Columbia Hospice. Chaplain Services advocates for the patient’s dignity, culture, beliefs and practices, upholding the belief that care of the body alone is not effective if mind, heart and spirit are ignored. The chaplain is available on call as the need arises. Requests for specific religious needs may be made through the chaplain, who will contact the appropriate community representative.
The chaplain is available to offer:
- Good listening skills.
- Spiritual assessment.
- Emotional and spiritual support.
- Faith crisis intervention.
- Grief and bereavement support.
- Sacraments, blessings, prayer.
- Funerals and memorial services.
- Referral and networking with community clergy.
Chaplain Services is located on the main campus at the East entrance.