Diabetes is an illness that commands attention. More than 18 million Americans, or 6 of every 100, have the disease. The number of adults diagnosed with diabetes is projected to more than double by 2050. If you are one of those affected, Columbia Memorial Hospital is here to help.
At Columbia Memorial Hospital, we believe that education is the best way to manage diabetes. Whether you have just learned you have diabetes or you have been living with diabetes for a while, it is important that you take care of yourself and prevent or delay some of the serious problems diabetes can cause. Columbia Memorial Hospital is here to help by offering group classes and individual appointments.
Group instruction is completed by attending group sessions led by our diabetes educators and dietitians. These classes provide in-depth information on:
- Understanding diabetes.
- Monitoring your diabetes and interpreting results.
- Diabetes medication.
- Regulating blood sugars.
- Developing healthy eating habits.
- Managing stress and emotions.
- Exercising and physical activity.
- Preventing complications.
- Coordinating diabetes into your lifestyle.
- Creating positive personal health habits.
- Setting goals and problem-solving.
Diabetes education is located in the Park Building East, Suite 205.. For upcoming class dates, appointment times and costs, please contact us at 503-338-4012.
Back to top.