Lower Columbia Hospice has been an outreach program of Columbia Memorial Hospital since 1981, providing compassionate comfort care to terminally ill patients and their families. The goal of care is to provide pain control and alleviate symptoms to attain the best quality of life.
Lower Columbia Hospice supplies a team of caregivers–including doctors, nurses, therapists, social workers, home health aides and volunteers–who provide medical, psychological and spiritual care to terminally ill people and their families. We care for our patients wherever they are in Clatsop County. We also offer Bereavement Support Groups.
Support Lower Columbia Hospice, donate $10 to Hearts for Hospice and place a handmade heart on one of five trees around Clatsop County. Click here for a donation form and details.
How to qualify for hospice services
- You are a Clatsop County resident.
- You are under the care of a physician.
- You have a terminal illness with a life expectancy expressed in months rather than years.
- You have decided that active treatment of the illness is completed, unwanted or not beneficial.
Hospice is Medicare-certified and accredited by The Joint Commission and maintains membership in the Oregon Hospice Association and National Hospice Organization.
It is important that your provider know what medications you are taking. Please click here and download a copy of our Medication Information Form. Fill it out and bring a copy with you when visiting any health care provider. It is a good idea to make copies of the completed form and carry one with you at all times.
What patients have said about our services
- "Hospice was the best. We received exceptional care. Hospice made our father’s last days much easier for him and all of us."
- "Every single staff member that came to our house was kind beyond words while being very skilled in their care. It’s people like you who give people like me faith that there’s still a lot of true goodness in this world. Not only did you take care of our mom/wife, you took such great care of us."
Our team includes
- Jeanette Schacher, DPT, Home Health and Hospice Manager
- Kevin Baxter, DO, Medical Director
- Sarah von Colditz, MSW, LMSW, Social Worker
- Rev. Larry Stomp, Chaplain
Lower Columbia Hospice is located at the Home Health and Hospice office at:
2158 Exchange St.
Astoria, OR 97103
Our mailing address is:
Columbia Memorial Hospital
Lower Columbia Hospice
2111 Exchange St.
Astoria, OR 97103
Back to top.