Services: Hospice Care
Hospice Care has been an outreach program of Columbia Memorial Hospital since 1981, providing compassionate comfort care to terminally ill patients and their families. The goal of care is to provide pain control and alleviate symptoms to attain the best quality of life.
Hospice Care supplies a team of caregivers–including doctors, nurses, therapists, social workers, home health aides and volunteers–who provide medical, psychological and spiritual care to terminally ill people and their families. We care for our patients wherever they are in Clatsop County.
How to qualify for hospice services
- You are a Clatsop County resident.
- You are under the care of a physician who practices at Columbia Memorial Hospital or Providence Seaside Hospital.
- You have a terminal illness with a life expectancy expressed in months rather than years.
- You have decided that active treatment of the illness is completed, unwanted or not beneficial.
Hospice is Medicare-certified and accredited by The Joint Commission and maintains membership in the Oregon Hospice Association and National Hospice Organization.
It is important that your provider know what medications you are taking. Please click here and download a copy of our Medication Information Form. Fill it out and bring a copy with you when visiting any health care provider. It is a good idea to make copies of the completed form and carry one with you at all times.
What patients have said about our services
- "Hospice was the best. We received exceptional care. Hospice made our father’s last days much easier for him and all of us."
- "Every single staff member that came to our house was kind beyond words while being very skilled in their care. It’s people like you who give people like me faith that there’s still a lot of true goodness in this world. Not only did you take care of our mom/wife, you took such great care of us."
Our team includes
- Sheila Dyer, Home Health and Hospice manager.
- Kevin Baxter, DO, medical director.
- Cindy Johson, RN, patient care coordinator.
- Becca Worth, MSW, social worker.
- Rev. Larry Stomp, chaplain.
Hospice is located at the Home Health and Hospice office at:
486 12th St.
Astoria, OR 97103
Back to top.