Columbia Memorial Hospital is committed to providing meaningful information to our patients about the costs associated with health care services. If you're trying to estimate the cost of an upcoming procedure or visit, we recommend that you start with our online Out-of-Pocket Cost Estimate tool. This online estimator will give you an idea of what portion of your medical charges you may be responsible for paying.
Before you call
Prior to your call, it is important that you contact your insurance company to ensure that the services required are "covered services". Please let our representative know if the services are not covered or if you are uninsured.
You will also need to contact your provider's office to get the specific diagnosis or procedure description.
When you call Patient Financial Services, please have the following information available, so that we can provide you with the most accurate estimate possible:
- Description of services needed. We will need to know as much information as possible about the specific services as described by your physician.
- Type of services needed. We need to know if you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or if your provider expects to treat you on an outpatient basis.
- Provider's name. For example, if you are having surgery, we will want to know the surgeon's name.
- Your insurance card. If you have health insurance, please have your card available so that if needed, we can get the following information from you: name of insurance company, type of policy (e.g. HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity), policy holder's name, group name and number, policy number, and insurance company phone number.
- Policy holder's personal information. It is possible that the insurance company will want us to verify the Social Security number and date of birth of the person who is named as the primary insurance policy holder.
- During your call, we will attempt to verify your specific insurance benefits to provide the most accurate representation of your estimated financial obligation based on your specific coverage.
Frequently asked questions
How accurate is my estimate?
Please be aware that providing you with an estimate of your potential costs is an imperfect process, and although we would like to guarantee our pricing estimates, it would be inappropriate to do so. Your costs may be less or more than what we estimated because of a number of reasons. All estimates are based on information provided to us by a prospective patient, and we compare that information to our hospital's historical pricing for comparable services. We cannot predict or estimate changes in treatment decisions, unforeseen complications, and additional tests or procedures ordered by a provider, among other things.
What is not included in estimates?
Columbia Memorial Hospital (CMH) makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy of the pricing information provided herein. The pricing information provided by this website is strictly an estimate of prices, and CMH cannot guarantee the accuracy of any estimates. All estimates are based on information provided by a prospective patient and do not include, among other things, any unforeseen complications, additional tests or procedures, and non-hospital related charges — any of which may increase the ultimate cost of the services provided. Any prospective patient should understand that a final bill for services rendered at CMH may differ substantially from the information provided by this website, and CMH shall not be liable for any inaccuracies.