Columbia Memorial Hospital's Hospitalist program plays an essential role in our mission of person-centered care. From the time you are admitted to CMH until you go home, you will be cared for by one of our Hospitalists. Your Hospitalist will work with you and your loved ones to coordinate all aspects of your care during your stay.
What does a hospitalist do?
Hospitalists are highly trained physicians that specialize in caring for patients during their hospital stays. They are available 24/7 and take a holistic approach to managing your care. That means your Hospitalist will:
- Talk to your primary care provider to ensure continuity of care.
- Consult with nursing staff and specialists as needed.
- Coordinate your treatments and tests during your stay.
- Help arrange home medical care or hospice care for those who need additional support.
- Listen to you and your loved ones and make your concerns and questions a priority.
What are the benefits of working with a hospitalist?
Hospitalists focus on understanding you as a person, not just as a patient. This enables them to provide excellent care while you are at CMH and to develop treatment and recovery plans that are based on your goals and needs.
Hospitalists are highly knowledgeable and skilled at bringing together all aspects of your care. And they're close at hand when you have questions or concerns.
At CMH, we believe your needs must be met with respect, dignity and kindness. By working with our Hospitalists throughout your stay, you will be able to prioritize your own health goals and achieve the best health outcomes for you.