Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
If an injury or joint pain is keeping you from living life to the fullest, we can help.
At the CMH-OHSU Health Orthopedic Clinic, we offer adult and children's orthopedic consultations and treatments.
Our staff includes board-certified orthopedic doctors and physician assistants. The Orthopedic Clinic team has the training and experience to address any type of issue involving the musculoskeletal system. That includes arthritis and related conditions. If stiff, painful joints are interfering with your daily life, CMH can help.
We also are a sports medicine clinic. Whether you're an athlete, an outdoor adventurer or someone with an active job, we have the specialized expertise to help you return to the activities that matter to you.
We evaluate and treat many pediatric sports injuries, as well. So, if your child is hurt during a Little League game or a school sport, come see us for care.
Comprehensive orthopedic care
No matter what condition or injury you have, we know how important it is for you to return to work or your favorite activities. That's our goal. And that's why we work to get you into our clinic as quickly as possible.
The CMH-OHSU Health Orthopedic Clinic offers a full spectrum of orthopedic care. We will offer you nonsurgical treatments whenever possible. Some of these options might include:
- Referrals to physical therapy or occupational therapy.
- Braces or other devices to help heal and protect a joint.
- Injections of hyaluronic acid or corticosteroids for pain relief.
Orthopedic surgery at CMH
If you need surgery, we do things you would expect from a big city medical center, right here in Astoria.
Here are a few of our surgeries:
- Arthroscopic joint surgery. We perform surgeries such as rotator cuff repairs, meniscus injury repairs and ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstructions using very small incisions for less pain and a quick return to your activities.
- Total hip, knee and shoulder joint replacements. Our surgeons use the latest techniques and long-lasting implants. Ankle replacement surgeries are performed by the foot and ankle surgeons in our CMH-OHSU Health Foot & Ankle Clinic.
- Carpal tunnel surgery.
Make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor
You do not need a referral from your doctor to see one of our orthopedic and sports medicine providers. However, it may be necessary or required to have a referral based on your insurance plan.
To schedule an orthopedic or sports medicine appointment, please call 503.338.4075.