NOTE: Virtual urgent care visits are provided by OHSU. The instructions below do not apply to urgent care visits. Learn more.
Columbia Memorial Hospital and the CMH Medical Group now offer telehealth, or virtual medical visits, for some of our services. These telehealth visits will allow you to make virtual appointments at our Astoria, Seaside and Warrenton clinics from the comfort of your home.
A telehealth visit is similar to an in-person wellness appointment with your own doctor. During a telehealth visit to our Astoria clinics, you'll talk about your current health concerns and learn what to do.
- Your visit can take place from a location that is the most convenient for you.
- Your provider will use a video-based platform to talk with you by computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Our telemedicine platform is secure and HIPAA-compliant.
- Your photo and voice will not be recorded or stored.
- Your privacy and rights will be respected and ensured.
How to set up a telehealth visit
- Call the clinic.
- Confirm the device you will be using for your visit.
- Schedule the visit. CMH will send you an email with a link.
- Prepare your device and yourself for your telehealth visit.
- Click the link in your email from CMH when it's time for your appointment.
Preparing for your telehealth video-based appointment
Please review the instructions about how to join an online doctor visit at our Astoria, Seaside and Warrenton clinics. If you need help setting up your phone or computer, call 503.325.4321 to request assistance. Our Astoria telehealth IT team will respond to your request on business days within two hours.
Before your first telehealth visit, give yourself time to set up your computer, tablet or smartphone. We recommend doing this at least a day before your appointment so you've had time to work through any technical problems.
Set up your device for telehealth
We use Microsoft Teams for telehealth visits. You may use a computer or mobile device (tablet, smartphone) that meets the requirements below.
- You may access Microsoft Teams with Windows 10 or macOS through one of these browsers: Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge (click the links to download one of these free browsers).
- Mobile device requirements: You may access Microsoft Teams on your Android phone, Apple phone or tablet by downloading the Microsoft Teams app.
Verify your internet speed
We recommend that you have at least 15Mb/s download and 5Mb/s upload for the best telehealth experience. Test your speeds.
- Prepare notes or have a list of topics you would like to discuss with your doctor.
- Make sure your device is plugged in or fully charged.
- Find a quiet space for your appointment. Choose a place where you have privacy and are less likely to be interrupted.
- Find space that is well lit. Position yourself so the main light source is in front of you, lighting up your face.
- Set your camera up at eye level. This will make it easier for the doctor to see and engage with you.
- Use headphones if you need privacy or are hearing impaired.
- Have the clinic's number handy should you have technical issues or get disconnected during your visit.
- Open your email from the clinic with the link.
Click on the link in your email to be connected with your provider.