Friendly, personable, professional and knowledgeable: These are just a few of the ways that women describe the team at Columbia Memorial Hospital's Women's Center.
We're here to give you the personalized care you deserve at all stages of your life. Here are some of the reasons to trust us with your health care needs.
Our OB-GYN team puts women first
Our women's health specialists include board-certified obstetrician-gynecologists (OB-GYNs), certified nurse midwives and a social worker who can connect you with helpful resources. These providers work closely with each other, with other specialists at CMH and — most importantly — with you to make sure your needs are met.
Here are some of the things women say they appreciate most about our team:
- We always take the time to explain your healthcare options. We see ourselves as your partners in care, and we want to help you make the best decision possible about your health.
- We get to know you as a person and go the extra mile to make sure you feel comfortable during visits and exams.
- We're available outside of regular business hours. If you have a question in between office visits, you can message us through the online patient portal, myCMH. Your provider will typically respond to you themselves.
We offer all the health services women need
Women's health care needs change throughout life. Our team will be here for you every step of the way. Our services include:
- Preventive care. Even if you have another primary care provider, you can see one of our gynecologists for routine care like well-woman exams and Pap tests, if you prefer.
- Prenatal care. Our highly skilled OB-GYNs and certified nurse midwives can serve as your guide through pregnancy and delivery in our Family Birthing Center.
- Breast health. At CMH, we have trained experts in breast care. When it's time for your screening mammogram, Imaging Services are available just downstairs from the Women's Center in Astoria.
- Gynecological and bladder treatments for conditions such as pelvic pain, abnormal menstrual bleeding and urinary incontinence. More complex urinary incontinence conditions may be referred to the specialists at the CMH-OHSU Health Urology Clinic.
- Menopause care. Are you experiencing hot flashes or other menopause symptoms? We can help you find relief.
- Family planning. We are a great resource when you're looking to start or grow a family. We provide infertility consultations. We can help you understand when you may stand the best chance of conceiving. We also provide many birth control choices, including oral contraceptives, contraceptive implants and IUDs.
- Gynecological surgeries and procedures. Our gynecology surgeons perform many procedures right here in Astoria. These include hysterectomy, endometrial ablation, dilation and curettage, and tubal ligation.
Make an appointment with an OB-GYN
To schedule an appointment, please call 503.338.7595.
Our Women's Center providers rotate one day a week to our Seaside Clinic. Mention the Seaside Clinic when you call for an appointment if you prefer to be seen there.
You can also call us to schedule a video appointment. Virtual care, or telehealth, is now an option for many women's health visits.